Sunday, October 3, 2010

V Monogram


I don't know what it is about monograms, but it seems like the second you get married you suddenly become obsessed with your last names letter. Mine is V. I've never been able to find a cute V, so when I did I was sooo excited. I knew I had to do something with it at once. I thought about covering it with paper but couldn't find any that had a small enough pattern. Then I fell in love with this brown damask paper and knew what I had to do. I got a 12 x 12 piece of wood and some green paint and rushed home. Its soo easy to make and is soo cute.



All you have to do is glue the paper onto the wood (I used a gluestick), sand the edges, Paint the letter, and then sand the edges. After than use your glue gun for the letter. I don't think it could get easier than that! Well, maybe if someone gave you one.

The total for this project was just under $10. I could have done it cheaper if I would have gone to Home Depot for the wood, but I was too excited about this project so I just bought the pre-cut wood at Roberts.


* Sorry about the crappy pics, I'm not a photographer!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! Turned out great. I'm also obssesed with monograms, I actually had to limit myself!

Thanks so much for linking up to Scraptastic Saturday!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

. said...

I LOVE your monogram!! I like that you combined the brown damask with a somewhat funky green!

My last name starts with V too. :)

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

Super cute!!

Joelle said...

Can we PLEASE do this at a craft night?! I LOVE IT!!! Sooo cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...