Sunday, November 28, 2010
My sister saw this tree at the quilted bear last year and we knew we could make it so much cheaper. Don't worry, she bought one for reference- so its not as bad right?!
The directions are pretty simple:
1. Have a manly man cut the wood for you. He will love every second of it. In our case my bro did it for us. Have him sand the wood while he's at it.
2. Paint the wood.
3. While its drying pick out which scrapbook paper you want to use. (When you make this craft with lots of girls you can share paper. It works out perfectly.)
4. Cut the paper to the size of the wood and glue it on with a gluestick.
5. After that sand the edges with a nail file, or sandpaper.
6. Add some embellishments like ribbon, ric rac, buttons, etc.
7. Drill a hole in the top of the tree to add wire and a star.
This craft is so easy you will want to make these for everyone you know. All of us made atleast 2.
If you want to have this look more like a Christmas tree, do all green paper. My mom did and it was soo cute.