Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wrinkly paper on your blocks? No problem!

The blocks have been so popular for craft night but I have gotten a few complaints about the paper wrinkling. Which I was not happy with and I really wanted to find a solution.

My mom said she had the same problem so she decided to try "craft bond" gluesticks instead. She has had the same blocks on her counter for over 6 months and they aren't wrinkled at all.

Here's how you do it:

Before:


Take a knife and carefully peel the paper off of the block.


If you are careful and patient it will come off very easily.


Use This kind of gluestick:

It must be repositionable!

Smooth out the paper and press down pretty hard until glue is dry.

Ta-da! No more wrinkles!


You can buy the gluesticks at walmart... and probably other places too. There are 3 kinds of the gluesticks so make sure you get repositionable!

We will be buying these gluesticks for craft night from now on, they are a lot more expensive but well worth the cost!

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

LOVE those blocks!

Kona & Jared Harper said...

I am not sure what you have used but I also do lots of blocks and I have found that if you use the scrapbook glue rollers they work good to and there are no wrinkles. This might help. That is what I use and no one has ever said they wrinkled.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=scrapbook+glue&cp=12&bav=on.2,or.&wrapid=tljp1299768046493022&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=7985395978375826665&sa=X&ei=9OJ4TdHYMoz0swP4mbn8Ag&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQ8wIwAw#

Kami said...

I am so excited to see your Easter subway art that I have been checking for it everyday for a few weeks now! I can't wait to see what you have come up with!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...